The timeless philosophical inquiry that underlies THE IDENTITY QUEST is concerned with finding personal answers to these three critical questions
- WHO AM I?
- WHAT DO I REALLY BELIEVE?
- HOW WILL I AUTHENTICALLY EXPRESS THESE BELIEFS IN MY DAILY LIFE?
By practicing an extensive list of experiential exercises, BOTH in group workshops and privately,
a person can learn to maintain a peaceful lifestyle based on the balanced use of both the rational-(s)
and intuitive-(S) aspects of their mind.
The foundational perspective used with all these exercises is based upon
All workshops adhere to the ethical principles of the International Expressive Arts Therapy Association.
Of special note here,
"working with Expressive Arts may catalyze a variety of powerful emotions and experiences in the participants. While the work of Expressive Arts consultants/educators may be of therapeutic value, it is not considered to be psychotherapy."
1. RECORDING YOUR LIFE STORY: REMEMBRANCES
Join us in this first nine week workshop where we will help you document your life story in a STRUCTURED way.
This is the first "phase" of THE IDENTITY QUEST . . . getting your entire life story down on paper !
This historical, descriptive work is a pre-requisite to the phase two workshop, but it is also a "stand alone" project
for those who only want to record their chronological life story as "events" to pass-on the family members.
The group workshop uses both a hardback journal and online, internet access to answer critical questions about the details of your life's journey.
2. REFLECTING ON YOUR PERSONAL LIFE: STEPPINGSTONES
This second nine week workshop is "the heart and soul" of THE IDENTITY QUEST. We will explore the timeless questions of S(s)elf identity, purpose and meaning of your life, and your belief/value systems.
The process involved in this workshop involves four basic steps:
- Historical photos (or movies), journals, and family interviews serve as the basic source for "memory remembrance." If desired, a person can also create current images that reflect historical events, activities and memories.
- Through personal meditative reflection (both cognitive and intuitive), a person re-examines these images according to thematic guidelines. After combining the "re-visited" images with a personally written "interpretive narrative," new interpretations of personal Truth often result. Personal subjective beliefs and attitudes are often changed because of this "re-examination" of what we once considered as "objective," historical "memories."
- After this personal inner work has been done, an interpersonal dialogue with other group members takes place in a trusting, group setting. At this phase of S(s)elf examination, a person allows themselves to "hear" outer, non-judgmental commentary and questions about their evolving life story.
- Finally, a person integrate their inner reflections and outer group dialogue into an intentional, future plan for personal transformation and/or creation of a life story legacy.
(Supplementary programs that use dance, crafts, and other Expressive Art forms
can be offered in conjunction with the above process)
3. REVEALING YOUR LIFE STORY: EXPRESSIONS
Now that your life story has been clarified and written down, what will you do with it? REVEALING YOUR LIFE STORY is the third phase of THE IDENTITY QUEST . . . A unique, highly personalized, one on one service. With many consultations over a nine week period, you will determine the benefits of different creative media that can be used to reveal your life story. Some examples of expressive forms that have been created are
- Historical novels/novellas
- Photographic journals
- Multi-media collages
- Poetry and Stage Performances
- Theatrical screenplays
- Dance movement routines
- Slideshows and Movies
- Audio recordings
- Family Cookbooks
- Digital Scrapbooking
- Online Photo Galleries
view a brief adventure about the IDENTITY QUEST
FOR MORE INFO