The THIRD phase of discovering your authentic S(s)elf is it's EXPRESSION through some creative and artistic format. The use of a literary, visual arts, phototgraphic, musical, theatrical form can embody the essential values and authenticity of the S(s)elf that has been discovered during the first and second phases of THE IDENTITY QUEST.
The structure of this third phase revolves around the clarification of these key questions
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR STORY? (regardless of the medium) WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO COMMUNICATE TO YOUR AUDIENCE?
- WHO IS YOUR AUDIENCE? TO WHOM ARE YOU TELLING YOUR STORY?
- WHAT IS THE “MESSAGE” OF YOUR STORY? WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR AUDIENCE TO “GET FROM” YOUR STORY? (E.G., INTERPRETATIONS, LESSONS, INFORMATION, ETC.)
- WHAT SPECIFIC “ACTION(S)” DO YOU WANT THE READER TO TAKE AFTER HEARING YOUR STORY? HOW DO YOU WANT TO INFLUENCE YOUR AUDIENCE, TO MOTIVATE THEM?
- WHAT TYPES OF CHARACTERS, PERSPECTIVE AND LIFE CONTEXT FORM “VIEWPOINTS” IN YOUR STORY?
This third phase is a multiple week "guidance workshop," and limited to a one-on-one, personally customized format. The carefully chosen "exercises" help to refine and focus the participant toward the creation of a specific creative art work that will embody and express their authentic S(s)elf.
"Let seeing through the world, explaining it, looking down on it,
be the business of the great thinkers.
The only thing of importance to me is being able to love the world,
without looking down on it, without hating it and myself.
"It is not in speech and thought that I see greatness,
but only in action, in his life."
Herman Hesse, SIDDHARTHA, p. 144-145.